With running a business comes the economic focus and with that, who you surround yourself with to maximise those profits without compromising the environmental and social impacts.
Our packaging equipment has been carefully selected for the superior quality of their operation and advancement in technology to maximise profits. You can be secure in the knowledge that quality engineering means shall we say.. ‘less stuff-ups.’ These ‘stuff-ups’ cost money, time, and resources to businesses.
Our superior machines are engineered for reliability and robustness, allowing the economic benefits of:
- Reduced micro stoppages, faulty packages, and unnecessary downtime with line integrations
- Improved shelf-life of products
- Efficient use of labour through automation and line processes
- End-of-line automation can future-proof your business with potential labour shortages and rising labour costs
- Engineered to minimise stoppages and the costs associated with those stoppages from labour to product
- Material cost savings with cardboard-based packaging requiring a minimal amount of necessary plastic
- Minimise product waste for pack filling with the latest in automated technology
Additional economic benefits
- Possibilities to expand product ranges through ‘shelf-life’ extension technology
- Reduce labour associated costs to the business with resource reduction (clothing, safety equipment, water usage etc.)
The first thing that comes to mind with sustainability is generally the environmental aspect. As an energy-efficient business, we have introduced solar power to reduce our carbon footprint and are always involved in collaborating with our customers with environmentally sustainable packaging options.
This involves the increased use of Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to help guide the use of packaging which reduces the environmental impact and ecological footprint. It includes a look at the whole of the supply chain: from basic function to marketing, and then through to end of life (LCA) and rebirth. Additionally, an eco-cost to value ratio can be useful.
Our goal is to improve the long term viability and quality of life and the longevity of natural ecosystems through:
Improving tray sealing sustainable footprint by significantly reducing the unnecessary use of packaging material
- Vacuum skin with no skeleton system for VSP
- MAP with no skeleton waste
- Customised trays with less than 2% waste
Packaging with advanced technical performance
- Shrinking carbon footprint with tray and precise plastic matching to reduce plastic
- On-demand digital printing at the point of packaging reducing plastic by up to 80% while increasing communication and merchandising possibilities
- Utilising renewable resources such as fully printable recyclable paperboard to replace plastic and thinner materials
Using regenerative energy-saving technology
Our sustainable, technologically advanced, innovative products and social support are chosen to help conserve and enhance future generations. As a company we have implemented Equip Community, an initiative committed to supporting the lives of underprivileged children through better education, better health outcomes and access to safe, free and nurturing environments.
With our suppliers’ ear to the ground listening to the community, shaping their innovation, and identifying business impacts on employees, customers, and the community they have introduced initiatives including;
- Resealable solutions to reduce consumer ‘’at home’’ food waste
- Automation and technology to allow for food sterilisation with the end-user in mind
- Leading pack sealing technology focused around community health
- Initiatives like sponsorship of students with ROC-students during Go for Africa
We will continue to improve our sustainability and corporate social responsibility that’s within our control for years to come.