Select Equip commitment to privacy
1. Select Equip [ABN 69 256 468 949], its subsidiaries and affiliates in Australia (collectively referred to as Select Equip) are committed to managing personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and in accordance with other applicable privacy laws.
About Select Equip
3. Select Equip is an Australian business supplying innovative packaging solutions in partnership with leading food packaging equipment manufacturers.
What information does Select Equip collect and how
4. The type of personal information that we collect will vary depending on the circumstances of collection and the kind of services that you request from us, but will typically include your name, email address, phone number, domain name and address.
5. The purposes for which Select Equip usually collects and uses personal information depends on the nature of your interaction with us, but may include:
(a) supplying our services and support;
(b) responding to requests for information and other general inquiries;
(c) informing you of our services; and
(d) responding to enquiries and complaints.
6. We generally collect personal information directly from you. We may collect and update your personal information by phone, by email, via website chatbot, online survey, over the internet, social media, or in person. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, for example:
(a) our affiliated and related companies; and
(b) third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business.
7. Select Equip also collects and uses personal information for market research purposes and to innovate our delivery of services.
How does Select Equip interact with you via the internet?
10. You can use the settings in your browser to control how your browser deals with cookies. However, in doing so, you may be unable to access certain pages or content on our website.
11. Select Equip’s website may contain links to third-party websites. Select Equip is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to our website.
Can you deal with Select Equip anonymously?
12. Select Equip will provide individuals with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in their dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for Select Equip to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services.
How does Select Equip hold information?
13. Select Equip stores information in paper-based files or other electronic record keeping methods in secure databases (including trusted third-party storage providers based in Australia and overseas). Personal information may be collected in paper-based documents and converted to electronic form for use or storage (with the original paper-based documents either archived or securely destroyed). We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
14. Select Equip maintains physical security over paper and electronic data stores, such as through locks and security systems at our premises. We also maintain computer and network security, for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
15. Our website does not necessarily use encryption or other technologies to ensure the secure transmission of information via the internet. Users of our website are encouraged to exercise care in sending personal information via the internet.
16. We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require.
Does Select Equip use or disclose your personal information for direct marketing?
17. The following non-personally-identifying information may also be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of advertising and marketing to you, which may include time and date of visit, your server address, type of browser, page(s) accessed, type of browser, referring site, or any documents downloaded.
18. We will treat all information we collect from you in strict confidence. We do not sell, lease or rent our customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, rent, disclose, distribute, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Select Equip) your personal information.
19. When you engage Select Equip for services or make enquiries of our services, you will be requested to provide your consent to us to send promotional material to you. You may select to “opt-out” of future promotional emails by following the specific instructions in the email you receive.
20. You might provide personal information through your participation in email exchanges, chat sessions, or newsgroups accessed via our web sites, or another service provided by us. This information is public and immediately available to anyone who has access to such a site. In this instance only disclose information that you are comfortable to share publicly.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
21. We may supply your personal information to third parties to perform services on our behalf such as the distribution of marketing information (except where you have chosen to ‘opt-out’ of receiving this information); and managing the supply of systems and support, with the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information.
22. Our relationships with such third-party service providers are governed by our contracts with them which require them to maintain confidentiality of such information where such information is being disclosed to them.
23. In some cases, these third-party service providers who we disclose your personal information to may reside outside of Australia. Those service contracts contain privacy and confidentiality provisions which are consistent with the Australian Privacy Law obligations.
24. We will also not disclose any personal information without your express consent, other than in the following circumstances:
(a) if we are required to do so by law or in the good-faith believe that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, legal process served on us in relation to our business or applicable code of conduct;
(b) to contractors providing licensed collection services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
(c) if we sell our business or part of it;
(d) in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Select Equip, our services, our staff, the public or website; and
(e) if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you.
Accessing your Personal Information
25. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer using the contact details set out below.
26. You will not be charged for making a request to access your personal information, but you may be charged for the reasonable time and expense incurred in compiling information in response to your request.
27. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can help us to do this by letting us know if you notice errors or discrepancies in information, we hold about you and letting us know if your personal details change.
28. However, if you consider any personal information, we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading you are entitled to request correction of the information. After receiving a request from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct your information.
29. We may decline your request to access or correct your personal information in certain circumstances in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of a request for correction, we will include a statement with your personal information about the requested correction.
What should you do if you have a complaint about the handling of your personal information?
31. You may make a complaint about privacy to the privacy officer at the contact details set out below.
32. The privacy officer will first consider your complaint to determine whether there are simple or immediate steps which can be taken to resolve the complaint. We will generally respond to your complaint within a week.
33. If your complaint requires more detailed consideration or investigation, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within a week and endeavour to complete our investigation into your complaint promptly. We may ask you to provide further information about your complaint and the outcome you are seeking. We will then typically gather relevant facts, locate and review relevant documents and speak with individuals involved.
34. In most cases, we will investigate and respond to a complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex or our investigation may take longer, we will let you know.
35. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or you consider that Select Equip may have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Privacy Act, a complaint may be made to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner can be contacted by telephone on 1300 363 992 or by using the contact details on the website www.oaic.gov.au.
How can you contact Select Equip?
The contact details for Select Equip are:
7 Gatwick Road
Bayswater North VIC 3153
Phone: 1800 101 122